UNV Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, and in close collaboration with the SPM&E Team and Programme Sections, the National UN Volunteer Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will undertake the following tasks:
Support the M&E function in UNICEF Brazil and the implementation of the studies, researches and evaluations planned in the Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Planning (IMEP/EISI Plan)
- Support the preparation, consolidation and follow-up of the 2020 IMEP and M&E workplan;
- Support data collection, data analysis and quality assurance for the studies, researches and evaluations planned for 2020 and 2021;
- Provide ad-hoc support to M&E and evidence generation activities planned for 2020 and 2021, including the ones related to the Brazil Country Office’s (BCO) responses to the Covid-19 Pandemic and the Venezuelan Migrant Crisis.
Support activities related to Situation Monitoring and Assessment
- Follow national research and databases for the most up-to-date information on the situation of children and adolescents;
- Help prepare Concept Notes, Terms of References, reports, summary briefs and analyses on a range of themes to support the BCO, including related to the Covid-19 and the Venezuelan Migrant Crisis.
- Support data collection, updates, quality control and preparation of briefs for a range of local, regional and international initiatives.
Support activities related to Programme Performance Monitoring
- Support the Deputy Representative, Planning Officer, and SPM&E team in the implementation of mid-year and annual programme reviews;
- Support data collection and consolidation for reporting on M&E outputs and outcomes during mid-year and annual programme reviews.
- Support the implementation of SPM&E’s responses to the Covid-19 Pandemic and the Venezuelan Migrant Crisis
Support the preparation of Country Office Annual Report (COAR)
- Support data collection, quality control, preparation and consolidation of specific chapters of the COAR 2020;
Support the implementation and management of selected evaluations and studies
- Support preparation and management of selected evaluations planned for 2020-2021;
Support the implementation of UNICEF’s equity approach
- Support data collection, analysis and quality assurance of selected initiatives that promote UNICEF’s equity approach, including in the finalization of the current editions of the UNICEF Seal and the Platform of Urban Centres (PCU) initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields, such as Social Sciences, International Relations, Sociology, Political Science, Geography or Statistics coupled with 36 months of relevant experience OR
Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant fields, such as Social Sciences, International Relations, Sociology, Political Science, Geography or Statistics coupled with 24 months of relevant experience OR
Master’s degree or equivalent in other fields coupled with 36 months of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation of human rights related topics.
Two years, in combination, of practical professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of human rights topics or monitoring and evaluation of public policy. An international experience will be a definite asset.
Experience in international development organizations, a human rights organization, or a national development organization (including public sector organizations) is an asset.
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Experience in statistics is optional but would be a considerable asset.
Specific Technical Knowledge Required
- Experience in data and information management, including systems such as Excel and statistical and graphics packages (R, SPSS or Stata Knowledge would be an asset).
- Experience working with microdata from the population Census, School Census and PNADs and GIS softwares, such as ArcGIS and QGIs would be an asset.
- Solid knowledge of international development and humanitarian issues, including aid policies of major donors particularly those pertinent to UNICEF in Brazil;
- Solid knowledge of human rights and results-based programming;
- General knowledge of administrative and financial guidelines of international organizations.
Common Technical Knowledge Required
General knowledge of:
- Computer systems, including internet navigation and office applications;
- United Nations or other international organizations; good understanding of world affairs, current events and international development issues;
- Global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women, and current UNICEF position and approaches;
- UNICEF goals, visions, positions, policies, guidelines and strategies.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Brazil and legal residents in Brazil with the status of refugees or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Please remember to indicate in your UNV profile that you are interested in serving as a national volunteer.
Application deadline: 09-July-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time