Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Operations Officer in the WHO Country Office or the Chief Procurement Officer in the Regional Office, the UN Volunteer will:
- Support the procurement and contracting activities. This includes preparing cost estimates and procuring equipment and supplies locally and through the Global Management System (GSM).
- Review procurement requests and contractual documents for compliance with contract specifications; authorize the payment of suppliers.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of invitations for bids and requests for quotation to qualified suppliers. Review offers and provide input on contract awards, in compliance with the WHO standards, policies and procedures.
- Track and update the suppliers’ database, prepare suppliers' performance evaluations, identify and take appropriate action regarding suppliers who repeatedly fail to comply with the terms and conditions of their contracts.
- Draft audit responses, review and follow- up on any outstanding audit recommendations related to the procurement of goods or services.
- Work closely with the Global Service Center (GSC), Regional Office and HQ Procurement Teams to follow up on shipments and provide updates on delivery status or delays; resolve any outstanding issues.
- Provide notice of shipment to consignees; prepare claims for lost, damaged or incorrect shipments and assist in obtaining settlements as necessary; coordinate the resolution of claim issues with suppliers concerning their non-compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Set up and maintain an appropriate documentation and archiving system to allow easy retrieval and use of purchase authorization/purchase orders and reports received.
- Perform any duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Required Education: First level university degree in business, public administration, procurement, logistics or a field related to purchasing, from a recognized university
- Required Experience: At least 3 - 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in procurement or contracting operations.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Skills: Thorough knowledge in procurement operations and supply chain services.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This assignment is in the framework of the Africa Women Health Champions to improve health and gender equality initiative. African female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 29 March 2020