Project Management Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
During deployment, the duties may be modified, based upon the technical needs of the Programme.
Reporting to the WHO Head of the Country Office or the Director, Technical Cluster and working closely with counterparts at the respective Regional Office and HQ, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support to the overall programme management, grants management, budget, work planning, including the development, day-to-day operation, monitoring and evaluation of work plans.
- Collaborate, with technical leads and other teams, in the development, implementation and monitoring of the technical, operational and HR work plans.
- Ensure proper use of designated funds to achieve results as per defined indicators; underpin compliance with project management principles.
- Liaise with Resource Mobilization Officer to secure rapid funding for immediate needs; with sustainable, predictable financing for programme activities.
- Coordinate the analysis, consolidation and dissemination of information on programme management. Contribute to the preparation of monitoring and progress reports, briefings, proposals, reports, communications and advocacy documents required for strategic decision making.
- Attend various project management meetings, coordinate relevant activities, ensure predictable follow-up on agreed action points with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop efficient and innovative solutions to implement sound project management processes and principles.
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Master's degree or equivalent in management, administration, health policy/planning, economics, social development, social sciences or international relations, from a recognized and accredited academic institution is required, or:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
- Formal training/certification in project management, is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of relevant professional work experience in project management with experience planning, grant management, budget, finance and/or related field, including sound understanding of resource mobilization.
- Prior relevant work experience in WHO/UN system, health cluster partners, relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations, is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Fluent
- Portuguese(Optional), Level - Fluent
- Sound skills in Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages;
- Strong computer skills in office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven knowledge of project management, budgetary, financial, practices and the ability to develop improved systems that support these processes;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources;
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in project design, monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong professional skills in the development of reports and persuasive documents.
Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This assignment is in the framework of the Africa Women Health Champions to improve health and gender equality initiative. African female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 29 March 2020