Data Manager and IT Support
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
The incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Conduct analysis, mapping and reporting of data related to country office and inter-country office programmatic implementation;
- Develop and enhance data systems to generate monitoring and performance reports;
- Maintain the Country Support Portal, WR Roster; AFRO roster of experts, AFRO HWCO list, and other relevant databases;
- Support the analysis of the CCS and WHO presence survey, and prepare quarterly reports;
- Develop and enable the content management of websites and platforms to foster inter-country and south-south cooperation as well as knowledge sharing through e-collaboration and “working out loud” mechanisms;
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned in his/her area of expertise, including replacing and backstopping.
Level of qualifications :
- At least Bachelor Degree in computer science, with specialization in database development and management (or for WHO staff-equivalent professional training or self-study/work experience).
Area(s) of qualification(s) :
- Database development and management, web site development.
- Knowledge of computer graphics would be an asset.
- Essential: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in developing, maintaining and managing databases and related software applications, in governmental institutions or regional/international organizations.
- Desirable: Experience in reporting and communication in an international NGO, inter-governmental organization or UN system agency.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Requirements for the use of the computer tool :
- Excellent knowledge of database and website design and management; IT collaboration software and tools particularly in database7 and SharePoint applications;
- Knowledge of implementing computer security including firewall and virus protection;
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Vision, MS Project and the MS Office suite;
- Ability to grasp and understand technical concepts and systems
Languages: Preferably candidates with Proficient level of English with decent french skills as a good amount of work will include data from francophone countries.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This assignment is in the framework of the Africa Women Health Champions to improve health and gender equality initiative. African female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 3 November 2020