Associate External Relations and Reporting Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
- Keep abreast all developments in operations to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Prepare periodic reports, i.e. donor updates, internal sitreps, briefing notes for senior managers, and activity-specific reports as required.
- Prepare funding submissions for donors, and draft any required after-action reports.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the government, NGOs, and UN agencies to ensure cooperation in inter-related activities.
- Support the UNHCR-led Cluster activities by preparing and distributing minutes, assisting in the organization of meetings; occasionally chairing meetings, and serving as the general secretariat for the relevant Cluster.
- Support the supervisor in preparation for meetings and missions drafting of talking points.
- Organize and accompany missions for VIP visitors, delegates to visit refugee sites or the activities of UNHCR implementing partners.
- If there is no Public Information (PI) focal point in country, serve as PI focal point, contributing to and coordinating press events, interviews, PI missions and other activities related to information dissemination to the general public to promote UNHCR activities.
Type of Degree: International Relations, Political Science, Journalism, Communications, Business of Public Administration.
A minimum 2 years of experience in a field related to external relations, communications, media relations or reporting.
Computer skills: Knowledge of Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 26 October 2020