Blue Economy Specialist
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Contribute to analyse the contribution of the organizations and communities involved in fisheries management/co-management in collaboration with others local organisations
- Carry out actions to build the capacity and reorganization of fishermen, institutions, NGO workers and fishing communities to contribute to the development of their capacity for the implementation of the SSF Guidelines, and others relevant international instruments
- Contribute to the activities needed to implement fisheries management plans, such as additional income-generating activities
- Contribute with inputs for the preparation of legal and regulatory texts on management/co-management, improvement of access rights systems for men and women;
Livelihoods and organizational development of coastal communities
Gender and empowering of women in the value chain
Experience in fisheries management/co-management of the fisheries resources in the context of tropical coastal fisheries
Experience working with stakeholder groups taking into account gender engagement and participation in decision-making and in the implementation of the activities;
Experience in capacity building of fisheries organizations, sector workers, fishing communities, and contributing to the development of their capacities;
Mastery and autonomy in COMPUTER tools and work plan organization and public relations management within core communities and institutions;
Experience in the development of the project's communication strategy and the implementation of communication products
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
This assignment is funded by the Government of Norway, only Norwegian nationals are eligible to apply.
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 15 November 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment. Interviews will be conducted by the UN Host Entity between 25 November and 16 December.
COVID-19: In case of travel restrictions, assignments may start remotely or start dates may be postponed.