Associate Child Protection Officer
Under the direct supervision of Senior Protection Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment;
- Promote International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct;
- Foster their consistent and coherent interpretation and application through mainstreaming in all sectors in applicable operations;
- Contribute to implementation and monitoring of country-level child protection strategies;
- Liaise and advocate with competent authorities and relevant partners to strengthen national child protection related legislation and procedures including implementation of nation-wide birth registration of refugee children.
- Provide technical support to strengthen implementation of child protection case management system across the Ethiopia operation.
- Participate in and contribute to the monthly CP/SGBV Sub-Working Group meeting and any other relevant coordination meetings with partners and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan from a child protection perspective.
- Participate in organisation and implementation of participatory assessments and methodologies throughout the operations management cycle and promote age, gender and diversity sensitive programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Promote and integrate community-based approaches to child protection and contribute to capacity-building initiatives for communities and individuals to assert their rights.
- Enforce compliance with, and integrity of, all protection standard operating procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
University degree in Law, International Law, International Relations, Social Sciences, Political Sciences or related field.
Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience with protection of refugees and/or other persons of concern to UNHCR, especially in the area of child protection. Diverse field experience is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
This assignment is funded by the Government of Norway, only Norwegian nationals are eligible to apply.
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 15 November 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment. Interviews will be conducted by the UN Host Entity between 25 November and 16 December.
COVID-19: In case of travel restrictions, assignments may start remotely or start dates may be postponed.