Communication and Visibility Junior Officer
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the International UN University Volunteer in Communication and Visibility will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist with the implementation of the IOM Communication Strategy. This will imply:
- Support the preparation and dissemination of information related to IOM’s activities to the general public and or other groups through the various media and communication channels;
- Contribute towards revision and regular updating of contents of existing websites, IOM Mozambique facebook page;
- Assist with update and responding to inquiries on IOM Facebook page and Twitter and keep readers updated with relevant information regarding IOM presence and programme in Mozambique;
- Preparation of communication reports, brochures and leaflets on IOM activities in Mozambique in highlighting lessons learned from their implementation;
- Support with production of press releases, media briefs, talking points, donor visibility materials, photographic/video pieces and other advocacy materials;
- Support efforts of the IOM Chief of Mission to mobilize resources, providing advice and preparing material to implement the resource mobilization strategies of UNDAF and IOM;
- Assist with organising communication events such as displays stands and exhibitions during international meetings or other events as required;
- Support the IOM Chief of Mission and other colleagues with the organization and support of press-related events.
- Mobilize media and other professional bodies to support IOM’s advocacy agenda;
- Contribute to reports prepared by the Office and ensure revision and editing Office programme report, Office Annual report, project progress reports in English as required.
- Represent the Organization and participate in several working groups related to her/his area of expertise, particularly the UN working group on Communication.
- Maintain the IOM databases on press releases, photographs as required
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Degree in communications, journalism or any other related areas.
- Demonstrated interest and/ experience (up to 2 years) in communication and public information including website management support required;
- Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context;
- Correctly frames migration issues within their regional, global and political context;
- Some knowledge and experience in emergency operations and disaster risk reduction, migration and health, migration & development and Labour migration and Mixed migration, counter-trafficking and Border Management delivers and promotes comprehensive migration health, labour migration, project development, project management and media;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Portuguese(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
This assignment is funded by the Government of Spain, therefore only Spanish nationals are eligible to apply. Moreover, candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the assignment, i.e. born on or after 15 July 1992.
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’. You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 18 April 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment. Interviews will be conducted by the UN Host Entity between 17 May and 4 June. Usually these interviews are competency-based.
COVID-19: In case of travel restrictions, assignments may start remotely or start dates may be postponed.