IT Specialist (Software Development)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Electoral officer/ IT Advisor (P4), the IT software development Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Develop software (mostly client-server type) related to elections activities such as and not limited to: voter registration, political parties’ registration, candidates’ nomination and results tabulation.
- Assist in supervising and training data processing clerks in using in-house elections-related software.
- Help supervise, mentor and build NIEC’s IT staff capacity.
- Assist the NIEC in developing and implementing a long-term elections data processing plan.
- Support the NIEC in maintaining their IT assets at a functional level of operational readiness.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in IT and data management or another relevant field. An advanced University Degree (Master or equivalent) in IT and data management or another relevant field is desirable.
- At least 4 years of experience in practical development of client-server software using mainly Microsoft technologies and tools are required.
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing, supporting or advising on electoral processes in multiple countries is required
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Database design and management knowledge is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of UN field Mission (SPM/DPKO) is desired;
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing, supporting or advising on electoral processes in multiple countries is required;
- Electoral experience in developing or transition economies is desirable.
- Experience in post-conflict situations is desirable.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 05 July 2020