Human Rights Associate
Under the direct supervision of the Human Rights Programme Officer/ Head of UN Human Rights Team the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist and support the work of the UN Human Rights Team in Serbia in implementing UN PRPD project and advancing legal framework and practices in particular in line with Articles 12, 16 and 17 CRPD and Sustainable Development Goal 10;
- Strengthen capacities of CSOs of persons with disabilities to advocate for their rights and participate in the public discourse.
- Work closely with the UN Human Rights Team staff on regular and specific tasks and activities that support implementation of the human rights standards enshrined in the treaties and specific recommendations from the UN Human Rights Mechanisms related to the rights of persons with disabilities.
Law, Political Science, Social Science or related field.
To be eligible to apply to the Talent Programme for Young Professionals with Disabilities, candidates need to be a person living with a disability.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Serbian(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Interested in working in human rights domain in an international organization with specific interest in disability rights.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability.
Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, please indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile.
In case you are facing accessibility constraints kindly contact email@example.com.
Application deadline: 8 November 2020