Knowledge Management/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Country Representative, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Lead knowledge management and information sharing initiatives:
- Develop and implement the Knowledge Management Strategy to share public information, good practices and lessons learned across relevant communities of practice (COP), stakeholders and academia in collaboration with other partners in the UN system;
- Conduct research for knowledge and information needed for effective advocacy of the UN Women Country Office (CO)’s programme and gender equality and women empowerment overall;
- Provide technical support to the programme team to produce knowledge products;
- Identify and form lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader CO’s knowledge management;
- Facilitate programme team’s application of best practices and advocate the CO’s successful experiences in results-based monitoring and evaluation as well as substantive areas of expertise through global knowledge networks;
- Manage a presence on UN Women’s SharePoint, internet pages and social media with a focus on internal and external knowledge sharing, partnerships and COP.
- Ensure compliance with corporate programme and project management requirements (including planning, monitoring, evaluation and research plan, results management system (RMS), donor agreement management system (DAMS) and LEADS):
- Coordinate and support Result Based Management (RBM) and M&E based programme and project formulation including annual work-planning and reporting exercises in line with UN Women corporate requirements, the CO’s SN and Annual Workplans;
- Maintain, coordinate and ensure compliance of the programme and project setup and in Atlas and other corporate systems (such as RMS, DAMS, LEADS, etc.) and provide accurate and timely input information into these systems as required.
- Effective monitoring and reporting of the country programme and related projects:
- Establish and manage internal systems for effective and efficient programme and project monitoring and reporting, both internal to UN Women and for Implementing Partners;
- Monitor on a regular basis country programme including annual and quarterly reports, ongoing monitoring of overall financial status of country programming;
- Undertake regular field visits to ensure compliance and timely execution of the planned monitoring and evaluation by various programme team and partners;
- Support the programme staff with effective use of tools and methodologies for planning, monitoring and reporting;
- Ensure that projects are set up in line with approved project documents, all Atlas attributes are created accordingly and maintained regularly;
- Provide technical advice and support at the design stage of programmes/projects to facilitate monitoring during programme implementation;
- Develop, update, manage and monitor monitoring frameworks for the key programme cycle documents such as the UN Cooperation Framework, and SN, and participate in the UN M&E Working Group;
- Ensure Quarterly monitoring in RMS are done timely and accurately;
- Support to value-for-money monitoring, including tracking of resources towards outcomes;
- Coordinate timely and appropriate reporting.
- Implementation and management of audit and evaluation policies, strategies and processes:
- Direct responsibility and accountability for planning, management and oversight of thematic, country programme/project evaluations and other types of evaluations conducted in the CO;
- Keep track of all planned activities in the monitoring, evaluation and research plan (MERP) ;
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations. Ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations and by developing a communication plan;
- Serve as the CO focal point to the Evaluation Unit in the Regional Office;
- Develop evaluation tools and processes, innovative approaches in evaluation that meet the requirements of UN Women and train staff and partners to use it;
- Promote evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the CO;
- Provide evaluation feedback into policy/project/programme design, including comments on various documents.
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, M&E, gender/women’s studies, international development, public policy, international relations.
1. At least 5 years of work experience in gender related field and a previous experience in working in a post conflict situation preferable. Experience in South Sudan will be a value added;
2. Work experience in the field of communication, electronic knowledge network, monitoring and evaluation and project management;
3. Knowledge of methodologies and best practices for promoting gender equality, equity and women empowerment in general and in South Sudan in particularly;
Experience working within the UN is an asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Work experience in the field of communication, electronic knowledge network, monitoring and evaluation and project management;
- At least 5 years of work experience in gender related field and a previous experience in working in a post conflict situation preferable. Experience in South Sudan will be a value added;
- Knowledge of methodologies and best practices for promoting gender equality, equity and women empowerment in general and in South Sudan in particularly;
- Experience working within the UN is an asset.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 30th September 2020