External Relations Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of the WHO Country Office or the External Relations & Partnership lead or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
- Mapping of top donors the programme areas to which they provide funding
- Research on donors and maintain extensive data on governmental, foundations and corporate donors and potential donors up to date
- To assist technical staff to format and submit proposals and reports that meet donor requirements
- Arrange visits from and meetings with donors, including briefing notes.
- Assist in response to calls for proposals by major donors
- Assist in the preparation of external relation trainings
- Assist in maintaining and develop partnerships with external stakeholders
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
First level university degree in public health, business administration, management, communications, international relations or a related field
- At least 3 - 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level experience in grant management, donor funding, proposal development, and resource mobilization
- Desirable: Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing; Experience in WHO or other UN organizations would be an asset.
- Skills: Excellent excel and power point skills; good management, communications, resource mobilization, public relations and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Siswati(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
*Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sao Tome and Principe and legal residents in Sao Tome and Principe with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.” This assignment is in the framework of the Africa Women Health Champions to improve health and gender equality initiative. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 15th March 2021