Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the RBAP/Regional Advisor for the Socio-economic Recovery & Livelihoods Programme, the UNV Data Analyst will:
- Manage and analyze country-level livelihoods data and prepare required charts/graphs.
- Follow up with the UNDP country offices and other entities on data collection and compilation.
- Collaborate with the team on the dashboard development, and independently add new features including managing and feeding data to dashboard.
- Provide technical support to any new initiative regarding data collection, analysis, reporting, monitoring as required.
- Knowledge sharing, providing support to other team members and conducting orientations on use of products developed and managed.
- Maintaining and updating dashboard as soon as new features are developed.
- Preparing documentation and clear guidelines of the technical work (e.g. documentation for data analysis steps, code documentation (class, function, etc.).
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
University degree in Computer Science, Statistics and other related fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional work experience in data management, database development, programming and web development.
- Hands on experience of Advance Excel and some other analytical tools (Power BI, Stata, ArcGIS/QGIS, SPSS).
- Previous experience with dashboard development and data visualization.
- Experience with any other programming language (e.g. R, Python).
- Knowledge and hands on experience of relational databases and tools (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.). As well as knowledge of modern non-relational databases would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of math and basic statistics is highly required for the job.
- Good teamwork, presentations, communication, problem solving and quick learning
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Have affinity with or interest in UNDP volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow to register on the UN Volunteers' Global Talent Pool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
Application deadline: 03 April 2020