Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Project Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Project Coordinator will:
- In-charge of coordinating technical substance, ensuring high quality, efficient and effective output/project delivery;
- Liaise with the project team and stakeholders for the coordination and results of the assigned outputs/activities;
- Support and facilitate coordination of all technical and logistic arrangements for timely project implementation and activities.
- Support the Project Team in the daily coordination of project activities with UNDP staff, government agencies, NGOs, academia;
- Maintain regular contact with focal persons of partners and project service providers such as academic institutes, consultants;
- Facilitate communications and advocacy of the project results;
- Keep the Project Team updated on issues and potential delays and risks to the work schedule and other operational and budgetary issues.
- Assist in overseeing the day-to-day project implementation and ensure achievement of targets;
- Assist in reviewing the study, Business Continuity Pan, needs assessment, feasible studies, developed by consultants;
- Support the mobilization of competent national and international experts as needed;
- Assist in preparing meeting minutes, mission reports, project progress reports
- Participate in M&E activities as required;
- Strengthen knowledge networks and organize knowledge sharing sessions;
- Compile success stories;
- Undertake any other duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, Economics, Public Management, International Development or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in development areas at the national or international level;
- Experience in project coordination especially with government agencies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, producing quality results.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Working experience with UNDP or other UN Agency will be considered as an asset;
- Experience of working in international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Thai(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Thailand and legal residents ofThailand with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 26-10-2020