Web and Social Media Junior Officer
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority of the Regional Manager for Europe and CIS and under the direct supervision of the Regional Communications Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Web and Social Media Junior Officer will:
- Participate in all activities that target leveraging UNV regional official presence on UNV website and social media platforms;
- Support in creation and updating content for the UNV website and regional Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Support onsite and online promotion of UN Volunteers Programme in the Region for Europe and CIS;
- Monitor Social Media metrics and conversation about core issues and report according to internal plan and format;
- Contribute to increase of engagement of main target audience – UN partners;
- Contribute to promotion of the Programme and increase of engagement of other target audience: potential UNV candidates, current and former UN Volunteers; influencers in development and peace, civil society and volunteer involving organizations, academia;
- Support the UNV Regional Office for Europe and CIS with creation of onsite and online campaign to advocate for UNV Region for Europe and CIS work;
- Assist with advocacy events and information coverage of the regional events;
- Drafting articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/website, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Strengthen key audience’s knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading and implementing relevant UNV and external publications as regular content base;
- Create/design social media campaigns and cards, key images for website designs and other visual content for the website and Social Media;
- Assist with arrangement of respective UNV activities;
- Respond to other information requests from UNV Regional Manager and Communications Officer;
- Assist with interaction between Regional Office and UNV Field Units (5 countries) for content creation and event management;
- Regularly update photo library and other organizational databases with information received from Regional Office and Filed Units;
- Perform any other tasks relevant to the assignment and requested by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Advanced Diploma in communications, marketing, journalism or public relations.
Required Experience: 0-2 years
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in web and Social Media management and marketing.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Turkish(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in modern online tools that work to promote content on website and Social Media;
- Knowledge of Social Media management platforms such as Hootsuite and Sprout Social;
- Outstanding design skills and knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro video editor;
- Outstanding drafting skills and creative story writer;
- Motivation to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Turkey and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Eligible candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the entire duration of their service.
Application deadline: 6th. July 2020.