Programme Assistant Gender, HIV and South-South Cooperation
Edad requerida: entre 18 y 29 años durante todo el periodo de servicio voluntario. Reclutamiento abierto a todas las nacionalidades, excepto a nacionales del país de asignación.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager Gender, HIV and SSC, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support to the Gender, HIV and SSC portfolio
- Participate in and take minutes during to the Country Office Gender Focal Team meetings, HIV meetings and SSC meetings
- Contribute to the collection of data and analysis of current issues on gender, HIV and SSC
- Assist in writing reports and materials for the website on issues related to the portfolio
- Participate in meetings and workshops related to Gender, HIV and SSC portfolio
Perform any other duties that may be assigned
Interest in gender, HIV and South-South Cooperation.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in DEVELOPMENT, GENDER AND HIV
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Learning and development are a central part of the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment and take place before, during and after his or her assignment in the field. Ideally, offering diverse opportunities for learning and development aim to strengthen the volunteer’s skills and competences, improve the quality of the assignment and keep the volunteer’s motivation high.
Learning elements for the UN Youth Volunteer include the development of:
- Professional skills: including specific competencies and reflection on assignment-related abilities; and on-the-job skills such as time management, problem solving, team building; and career preparedness such as interview skills, CV preparation, job searching.
- Inter-personal skills: including communication and listening skills; multi-cultural awareness and cultural competency; and conflict and stress management.
- Volunteering-related skills: including leadership; civic responsibility; and engagement and active participation.
Beyond the learning opportunities provided by UNV, the host agency will support knowledge and capacity development in the technical areas that are relevant to the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment. The host agency will provide, at its expense, UN Youth Volunteers with equal opportunity to participate in training courses and workshops offered to its personnel.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
This assignment is funded by the Government of Korea, therefore only Korean nationals are eligible. Candidates who have served as UN Youth Volunteer funded by Korea before are not eligible to apply. Former UN University Volunteers are eligible.
Candidates must be between 22 and 29 years of age throughout the duration of their service, i.e. born between 1 July 1991 and 1 July 1998.
Selected candidates will be invited to attend an Assignment Preparation Training in Bonn, Germany from 15 – 18 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment. Interviews will be conducted by the UN Host Entity between 30 March and 24 April. Usually these interviews are competency-based.
How to apply
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 8 March 2020