|Communication support officer||05 abril 2020||Especialista nacional||FAO||Sierra Leone|
until 31 December 2020
05 abril 2020
Edad mínima requerida: 25 años. Reclutamiento restricto a nacionales o residentes legales en el país de asignación.
Under the overall direction and supervision of the FAO Representative, the Communication Consultant will provide strategic direction and communication support to enhance visibility of FAO’s programme in Sierra Leone. In regular consultation and coordination with the communication focal points of the Regional Office for Africa, Office of Corporate Communications, and the Sub-regional Office of West Africa, the consultant will ensure the development and implementation of the country communication strategy. Activities and output under the strategies need coordination and coherence with the organizational/corporate communication policy and operational guidelines. The candidate will perform the following tasks:
· Assist in the development and implement country specific communication strategy by identifying stakeholders, goals, objectives and timelines and consulting with thematic and technical teams.
· Comply with the FAO corporate and regional communication strategies and closely coordinate plans and activities with the Regional Communication Officer.
· Support the development of communication plans for specific activities and target key messages tailored to certain audience (including donors, beneficiaries, partners, and the public), and disseminate information efficiently and effectively.
· Coordinate, produce and disseminate communication and advocacy materials, including brochures, human interest stories, posters and other visibility products in close coordination with focal points in RAF and in observance of corporate and branding guidelines.
· Develop a media database and partnerships with media organizations and journalists; interact and pitch stories of interest; organize media field visits.
· Coordinate media engagement during events and missions and collect visual and audio footage for archiving of events and missions.
· Cover high-level and high-visibility events; ensure media coverage and disseminate live information to highlight messages.
· Produce content for online and social media channels such as the website, Flickr, Twitter, etc. Write and edit web posts and ensure content is interesting and visually appealing. Increase FAO Sierra Leone’s social media engagement and feature stories that will appeal to audience.
· Participate and represent FAO in inter-agency communication meetings (UN Communication Group) and ensure FAO representation and participation in UN events.
· Monitor communication plans and address gaps to improve effectiveness and quality.
· Coordinate production of stories from the field such as documentaries and photo essays; this includes drafting TORs for production team, writing script, conducting interviews, managing vendors, arranging logistics, etc
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or related field
At least 3 years work experience working with national or international organisation, with demonstrated ability on drafting and implementtion of communication plans, drafting press releases and publications. Good knowlege of communication via social media
Public information and reporting, Journalism, mass media and broadcasting, Knowledge management, archiving and documentation
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Sierra Leone and legal residents in Sierra Leone with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 05-04-2020