|Development Coordination Officer, Programme Communications and Advocacy||19 julio 2020||Especialista internacional||UNRCO||República Democrática Popular Lao|
Development Coordination Officer, Programme Communications and Advocacy
República Democrática Popular Lao
12 meses con posible prórroga
19 julio 2020
Edad mínima requerida: 25 años. Reclutamiento abierto a todas las nacionalidades, excepto a nacionales del país de asignación.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the RCO Head of Office or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Development Coordination Officer, Programme Communications and Advocacy:
1. Plans and facilitates strategy advocacy and programme communications in support of the Lao PDR – UN Partnership Framework (UNPF) 2017-2021 and the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2022-2025:
• Provides substantive support to the RC and UNCT in designing, implementing and monitoring the UN joint advocacy and communication strategy, promoting the UNPF/UNSDCF as the primary instrument for the planning and implementation of UN development activities in the country, in support of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
• Researches analyzes and presents inputs to the RC and UNCT on strategic advocacy and programme communications for the 2030 Agenda to boost the impact of programmatic objectives under the UNPF/UNSDCF;
• Plans and facilitates the promotion of advocacy and communications as a tool for a participatory approach to UNPF/UNSDCF implementation and monitoring, reflecting the views and priorities of people, including those left furthest behind;
• Monitors and analyzes the media in areas related to the UN’s mandates and programmes in Lao PDR, as well as other issues relevant to UN brand and positioning;
• Provides substantive support to the RC and UNCT on public messaging and media outreach, and assists in managing reputational risks or crises around sensitive issues;
• Identifies and assesses potential issues, concerns and risks related to communications and advocacy, and suggests corrective actions to the RC and UNCT, UN Policy Advisory Team, Results Groups and other UN groups;
• Leads and facilitates the work of the UN Communications Group (UNCG) throughout the stages of the UNPF/UNSDCF cycle;
• In collaboration with the UNCG, and in coordination with the RCO colleagues undertakes data management and results reporting, prepares the annual communication plan to publicize and communicate results with a focus on the UN’s development impact;
• Assists the RC and UNCT in projecting the UN’s image positively, effectively and accurately as well as promoting transparency and accountability;
• Provides substantive support to ensure that communication performance indicators are identified, incorporated, monitored and reported on throughout the UNPF/UNSDCF cycle.
2. Coordinates and supports the UN Communication Group activities and members:
3. Contributes to partnership building and media relations:
• Plans and facilitates the engagement of key traditional and non-traditional partners, including government, civil society, private sector, development partners and others new as well as traditional actors on the collective 2030 Agenda and the UN’s work in-country;
• Provides substantive support to the RC and UNCT in significantly expanding public outreach on the 2030 Agenda and the UN’s role and impact in-country;
• Plans and facilitates public engagement on the UN’s role and work in-country, including through programme visits showcasing the UN’s development impact;
• Undertakes regular liaison with other partners for content development, information exchange, collaborative communication efforts, and innovative communication and advocacy tools;
• Compiles and analyzes communication experiences and shares findings with country, regional and HQ communication colleagues so that best practices benefit UN’s communication work;
• Develops and maintains close working relationships with the media, including editors and journalists in key national and international news outlets; develops, maintains and updates media relations contact list/database;
• Prepares official briefing materials, talking points, speeches, statements, op-eds and presentations as necessary.
4. Plans and facilitates digital communications:
• Develops and maintains digital external platforms such as the UN country team website as well as UN social media presence (Facebook, Twitter account etc.);
• Plans and facilitates the development and implementation of a digital content strategy and contributes to the development of key communication products (e.g. human-interest stories, photography, video, animations, etc.).
5. Provides substantive support for publications and branding management:
• Provides substantive support to the RC and UNCT on joint UN publications ensuring high-quality standards and the correct application of the UN branding guidelines;
• Prepares inputs for the RC and UNCT on the use of the UN joint brand at the country level across UN products, both offline and online.
Master degree or equivalent
Journalism, mass media and broadcasting, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination, Arts, music, photography and film
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in programme communications and advocacy or partnership development in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
Knowledge and understanding of Lao PDR country context and sustainable development issues are desirable.
Proficiency and experience with photography and videography, multimedia and design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, etc.), website content management systems, social media analytics tools and other communications tools would be an advantage.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 19-07-2020