Associate Political Affairs Officer
Age minimum requis : 25 ans. Recrutement ouvert à tous les candidats, à l'exception des ressortissants du pays d'affectation.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Mediation Section, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Gather, select, verify, and analyze information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including internal mission reports and the press;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge relating to the political, social and security situation in Mopti region;
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in the area of assignment and provide updates and inputs to the Chief Mediation and the Head of Office;
- Provide technical and substantive support for the implementation of the mandate of the Mediation Section;
- Maintain contacts with other components of the Mission, UN international partners and government authorities on political and security issues, coordination and policy matters;
- Maintain regular contact with all relevant local political actors and civil society groups;
- Assist in compiling and producing daily, weekly, flash and other written reports as directed by the Head of Section.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in political science, international relations, social sciences, law, public administration, or a related field.
A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and two additional years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of two years of practical professional work experience in political affairs, diplomacy, conflict resolution, or related field. Work experience in West Africa is desirable. Work experience with local communities in conflict areas is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Experience in working with Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, social media.
- Sound judgment in applying expertise to resolve a range of issues/problems, including politically sensitive ones, and the ability to proactively seek and recommend sound policy initiatives or other solutions;
- Proven analytical, research and negotiating skills;
- Excellent oral and listening skills, including an ability to articulate and defend one’s analysis or proposals;
- Ability to develop and maintain contacts and foster collaboration with national and international partners to acquire timely information; with gender and geographical consideration.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 24 September 2020