Under the direct supervision of the UNV Programme Manager (PM), the duties of the Coordination Officer will include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate and coordinate the integration process of MINUSMA and Agencies components of the Field Unit;
- Provide management support to the PM and the Programme Officer;
- Coordinate the mobilization and recruitment of volunteers in collaboration with UNV HQ and all sections of the mission; including communication and updates to UNV PM and section chiefs / hiring managers;
- Coordinate the arrival and check-in of newly recruited UN Volunteers;
- Coordinate the check-out and departure of outgoing UN Volunteers, and update the related online systems and tools;
- Input relevant UN Volunteer data to ATLAS for MINUSMA, UN Agencies and national UN Volunteers as necessary;
- Support UNV PM during the budgeting and staffing exercise for the UNV component of the mission, including communication to sections, Budget Office, UNV HQ and volunteers;
- Coordinate and supervise payroll consolidation;
- Ensure information flow between UNV PM and UN Volunteers regarding all activities; act as focal point for inquiries about redeployment, local working and security conditions, accommodation issues, and all matters related to the Conditions if Service;
- Process and maintain records of re-deployment, transfers and temporary duty assignments (TDY) for all UN Volunteers;
- Act as focal point from UNV Field Unit for the security zone warden system;
- Oversee approval of UN Volunteer leave requests and reports; monitor attendance;
- Ensure that monthly volunteer statistics and post data reports are sent to UNV PM and to UNV HQ;
- Support, in coordination with the UNV PM and the UNV Programme Coordinator, the planning and preparation of UNV HQ field monitoring visits;
- Plan and participate to field missions outside Bamako;
- Ensure effective coordination and logistical support in collaboration with the Public Information focal point for volunteer advocacy and social activities
- Effective and efficient support of the Country Coordinator and UN partners in advocacy and outreach campaigns, such as the International Volunteer Day (IVD), presentation of promotional information with Host Entities, local volunteer organizations, etc.;
- Support onsite and online volunteer mobilization that increases the number of volunteers;
- In consultation with the Online Volunteering (OV) Programme Assistant in the respective Regional Office, , act as a focal point for online volunteers and accreditation of OV service organizations, focusing on supporting host entities with developing OV opportunities through advocacy engagements and promoting the concept of OV;
- Support the deployment and assignment management of all UN Volunteer modalities;
- Support the recruitment of national UN Volunteers, including updating and maintaining a national UN Volunteers local candidate talent pool in coordination with the Volunteer Services Centre (VSC);
- Maintain files of all UN Volunteers assigned to the country, ensuring that all correspondence and periodic reports are properly kept in the respective volunteer management platform, and that related matters requiring action are brought to the attention of his/her supervisor;
- Monitor and keep records of the contractual status of all serving UN Volunteers and flag to VSC follow-up actions
- Maintain up-to-date volunteer leave records and ensure that all UN Volunteers manage absences as per the UN Volunteer Conditions of Service;
- Maintain up to date contact records of all serving UN Volunteers, including their recognized dependents;
- Ensure that initial contract documents, beneficiary forms and inventories of personal effects of UN Volunteers are up-to-date, and submitted to UNV headquarters, VSC (through the respective volunteer management platform) in a timely manner, in accordance with the relevant provisions included in the UN Security Handbook as well as in the UN Volunteer Conditions of Service;
- Assist on the logistical and travel arrangements of arriving UN Volunteers and his/her recognized dependents;
- Facilitate government clearance and entry visas of incoming UN Volunteers and their recognized dependents;
- Provide the necessary support to UN Volunteers upon arrival, to open bank accounts as well as to complete forms required to obtain visas, residence permits, etc.;
- Undertake tasks for the local support of the UN Volunteers and recognized dependents in the country including in the cases of medical evacuation, security evacuations or the death of a UN Volunteer;
- Assist UNV HQ in ensuring all conditions are met before the payment of final entitlements to UN Volunteers at the end of their assignment.
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Social Sciences, Business Administration, human resources or related field.
3 years of progressive experience in human resources, administration and/or finance are required. Previous experience as a volunteer and/or promotion of volunteerism will be an asset.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Computer skills: Excellent computer literacy; including in spreadsheets and relevant office software packages. Previous
working experience en Africa is highly desired. Knowledge of the region will be a strong asset.
Solid knowledge of Atlas HR and Finance is a must.
Ability to perform duties under stress and in insecure, isolated and potentially hostile environments;
Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 vehicles;
A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment;
Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable
development, and the UN System.