Step 3 of 4
1st Week
post arrival

ID card, Work Permits and Visas

As regulations and practices vary from country to country, please consult with your Host Entity for up-to-date information and follow instructions provided.

UN ID Card

The UN Volunteer should fill out the UN ID form, have it signed by host entity and submit it to UNDSS locally.


Approx. eight (08) passport size photos maybe required for ID card and visa process. Please hand them over during your briefing to your Host Entity, as and if needed.

Work Permit, Residence visa and Exit-entry visa

The Host Entity is responsible for issuance of all these for UN Volunteers. Please follow-up ahead of time and follow instructions provided.