Social Entrepreneurship Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
The National UN Volunteer, under the direct supervision of Assistant Special Representative Gaza and guidance of the Accelerator Lab team will undertake the following tasks:
- Support sensing and communicating emerging development trends, data, technologies and issues; and mapping their impacts on the economy, environment, and society;
- Support the design of specific field research and participatory methods to focus on the most vulnerable populations and those not usually engaged in public policy debates;
- Support the mapping and assessessment of local solutions and define pathways for their scale up, and determine best methods fo making solutions transferable;
- Support the design of experiments to validate the hypotheses and test the effectiveness of identified solutions in Gaza;
- Support the testing of solutions and potential ideas in real life context to understand potential channels of scaling up (including identifying private and public sector venues for uptake);
- Support the capturing of results and learning from the experiments for rapid reflection and adaptation;
- Support the outreach and engagement with universities and think tanks in Gaza; and
- Support the integration of the Accelerator Lab methodology into UNDP programmes in Gaza and engage with the programme team to facilitate the adoption of new / innovative approaches and validated solutions.
- Strengthen their knowledge on the SDGs and the United Nations Development System.
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Sociology, International Development, Business, Social Sciences, Engineering or related field;
- Master degree or enrolled in a Masters programme in the above areas is welcomed.
Professional working experience of over 2 years.
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis;
- Experience in building partnerships, working in participatory methods and engaging diverse stakeholders such as civil society, academia, private and public sector; and
- Experience in innovative approaches / entrepreneurship activities in Gaza.
- Experience in development programming or policy development;
- Experience in approaches such as ethnography and behavioral insights, design-thinking;
- Experience working on social entrepreneurship, inclusive business models, innovative products and services, incubation, etc.; and
- Experience identifying gaps and opportunities in the innovation ecosystem in Gaza.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Thinking out of the box, and coming up with creative non-conventional ideas;
- Adaptability to a multicultural environment, respecting diverse backgrounds and points of view; and
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Computer skills: MS Office applications (Excel, PPT, Word)
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams
This is a National Specialist UN Volunteer assignment with monthly VLA payment of ILS 4804.15 including wellbeing differential.
To be eligible to apply to this assignment:
candidates need to be a person living with a disability.
Candidates need to be only nationals living in Gaza
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org//candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code .
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU