Innovation Lab Coordinator Assistant
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible.
Under the direct supervision of CO Representative, the International UN Volunteer will act as the Innovation Lab Coordinator and assist in promoting organizational innovation by demonstrating the benefits of readily available technology and rapid exploration of new ideas undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate and provide support on innovation strategy & action plan, including formulation, design, planning and implementation;
- Proactively scout for new innovative ideas and opportunities;
- Identify opportunities for resource mobilization and new partnerships and support proposal and partnership development efforts;
- Develop partnerships and network with local innovators, youth organizations, NGOs, the private sector, local media and academia to build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative ideas, and build local capacity;
- Coordinate and support development and testing of innovation products and processes to strengthen and improve efficiency and effectiveness of UNFPA programming, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy and communication;
- Provide training for UNFPA staff, partner staff, government counterparts and other end users in the country in the use of innovation products and processes;
- Support the operation of Innovation Lab at UNFPA Egypt CO;
- Document tested innovation projects and processes and ensure effective sharing and generation of knowledge around innovations in the Country;
- Whenever necessary, liaise with the Innovation Team of the UNFPA ASRO and colleagues from other Country Offices.
- Advanced University degree in social studies, communications, information technology, economics or related field.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Advanced Degree in social science, health, engineering or related field with specific focus on development, communications, and innovation is required.
- 5-10 Years of professional experience.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of professional working experience in in relevant fields related to international development
- Experience with, and knowledge of, international development, emerging technologies, human-centered design, social innovation an asset
- Experience in innovation in developing countries or social impact and/or living or working in developing countries is a plus.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Proven expertise in the field of innovation for development, be this in the context of project management, research, or advocacy;
- Proven experience with advancing new ways of working in organizations and/or companies;
- Proven expertise in the field of results-based management and performance indicator management and reporting;
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals;
- Ability to engage collaboratively with partners (including other UN agencies), donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships;
- Knowledge of project and fund management (budgeting, expenditure, reporting) related procedures to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Development programmes;
- Technical assistance and volunteer management.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 2nd February 2020