|Communications Officer||Nat. Expert||WFP||Venezuela|
Expected Starting Date
3 months with possiblity of extension
Minimum age: 35 years old. Applicants must nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Develop, maintain and update an appropriate communications work plan, which implements the corporate communications strategy to enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP in Venezuela, while supporting fundraising activities and ensuring alignment with WFP strategy.
2. Plan, manage and evaluate communication campaigns designed to favourably impact the views of the public, opinion leaders, and donors, to raise WFP’s profile in the country and support fundraising activities.
3. Perform communications research and analysis to ensure timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience(s).
4. Maintain a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media to support regular and appropriate communications while ensuring reputational risks are identified and managed.
5. Define WFP Venezuela’s social media plan, develop content, and utilise platforms, networks, and partners to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities.
6. Generate donor specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos, and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, to support global and country fundraising activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
7. Monitor and analyse traditional and social media to inform the development and/or evaluation of communication activities and strategies.
8. Manage and supervise more junior staff and employees, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries. 9. Build capacity of WFP staff on all aspects of communication (i.e., social media responsibility).
10. Work in close collaboration internal and external counterparts to support aligned activities and a coherent approach to communications within WFP.
11. Contribute to standard emergency preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance, and monitoring of communications specific risks (reputational).
12. Provides advice and guidance within area and level of expertise, to ensure that all activities meet desired standards of consistency, quality, and impact.
13. Serve as focal point for graphic design of material pertaining to the WFP Venezuela brand to promote organizational visual identity in internal and external communications while respecting official branding guidelines.
14. Other as required.
Required degree level
Master degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
Advanced University degree: in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Three years or more of professional experience in a relevant field of work (i.e. Communications, Advocacy or Journalism), with an interest in humanitarian and development assistance
Area of expertise
Other communications related experience, Public information and reporting
Area of expertise details
The candidate must have relevant experience in communication techniques to improve results and functional activities. In addition, the candidate must have a solid understanding of the socio-political context of Venezuela and the region to advise management on communications decision making. The candidate should also have experience in supervising more junior staff members in the area of communications.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
¿Aún no se ha registrado en la reserva de candidatos de VNU? Por favor, primero registre su perfil en https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Importante: Después de crear su cuenta, complete todas las secciones de su perfil y envíelo. Luego diríjase a “Mi Página” a través del siguiente enlace https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage y seleccione la opción de “reclutamiento especial”. Finalmente seleccione el reclutamiento especial al cual usted desea aplicar. ¿Ya se encuentra registrada/o en la reserva de candidatos de VNU? Por favor, primero actualice su perfil en https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Luego diríjase a “Mi Página” a través del siguiente enlace https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage y seleccione la opción de “reclutamiento especial”. Finalmente seleccione el reclutamiento especial al cual usted desea aplicar. Fecha límite para postularse: 27 Septiembre 2021 a las 23:59 hrs., Horario de Alemania