Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Programme Analyst (Country Coordinator) or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the Programme Support Associate will:
Assistance with advocacy, partnerships and demand generation for onsite and online volunteers
- Support outreach activities towards UN host entities, for information on UNV offer and volunteer demand generation;
- Act upon volunteer mobilization forecasting for online and onsite Volunteer assignments with UN host entities, particularly in supporting the development and timely submission of Descriptions of Assignments, confirmation of funds and review of registration request of local organizations to UNV Online Volunteering service
- Support UN Country Teams in advocacy for volunteerism, including for International Volunteer Day (IVD) events.
- Support advocacy campaigns with local volunteer involving organizations;
- Draft routine correspondence and reports in accordance with standard internal procedures;
- Support the Programme Analyst in compiling basic documentation and information and collecting data for routine correspondence and reports;
- In close coordination with the Communications Associate in the Regional Office, support ithe preparation, dissemination and presentation of country-specific promotional information on the mandate and work of UNV with relevant development partners and the media.
Talent acquisition and volunteer support
- Support the acquisition of local candidate talents in coordination with the Volunteer Services Centre (VSC) and as per the corporate talent acquisition plan;
- Monitor the contractual status of all serving UN Volunteers and flag to VSC follow-up actions;
- Maintain up to date contact records of all serving UN Volunteers and their recognized dependents;
- Assist on the logistical and travel arrangements of arriving UN Volunteers and their recognized dependents;
- Liaise with relevant UN Host Entities to facilitate government clearances, entry visas and resident permits of incoming UN Volunteers and their recognized dependents;
- Provide the necessary support to UN Volunteers upon arrival, to open bank accounts as well as to complete forms required for residence permits, etc.;
- Undertake tasks for the local support of the UN Volunteers and recognized dependents in the country, including in the cases of medical evacuation, security evacuations or death of a UN Volunteer;
- Assist VSC in ensuring that all conditions are met before paying final entitlements to UN Volunteers at the end of their assignment.
Administrative and logistical support
- Maintain inventories of all UNV-supplied, non-expendable equipment, and ensure records of all items purchased for UNV-executed projects are submitted to UNV headquarters;
- Maintain general office files and keep information and reference material in a manner that allows easy reference and retrieval;
- Perform other duties, related to the assignment, as may be required.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism