Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the Governance and Gender Advisor and the direct supervision of Gender Programme Coordinator, the Project Engineer will undertake the following tasks:
- Project implementation:
- Execute the project according to the project plan and supervise daily works;
- Develop forms and records to document project activities and set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project;
- Review the quality of works completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Design Development:
- Establish and coordinate the formal and informal communication structure, processes, and procedures for the design development of the project;
- Prepare a detailed construction design and supportive documents based on an updated indicative construction programme;
- Manage, coordinate and integrate the construction design in a sequence to suit the project design and quality requirements in two sites – one after another;
- Conduct and record the appropriate planning, design, coordination, and management meetings, including facilitating inputs for the design on constructability;
- Manage, coordinate and expedite the preparation of all ‘as-built’ drawings and design documentation.
- Tender documentation and procurement:
- Provide support in the development of the procurement strategy for contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers;
- Ensure appropriate insurances required for the implementation of the project by the contractor(s) are provided during the procurement stage;
- Conduct the reconciliation of tender prices within the project budget;
- Establish the format and procedures for monitoring and control of the cost of the works;
- Facilitate the approval of the tender recommendation(s) by stakeholders.
- Construction documentation and management:
- Review detailed architectural or engineering designs prior to mobilization of works, manage all site instructions issued to the contractor and coordinate the handover of the site to the contractor;
- Regularly monitor the performance of the contractor against the Programme of Works and Method Statement and report on any review and/or adjudication circumstances and entitlements that may arise from any changes required to the Contract Programme and Method Statement;
- Establish efficient procedures for quality assurance, verifying contractor performance, reporting progress and problems in a timely manner, including quality control reports and quantity survey records;
- Establish effective procedures for monitoring and controlling cost variations, including, but not limited to requests for variation or change orders, requests for time extension, and contractor’s claims and invoices;
- Monitor and certify all necessary testing and commissioning conducted by the contractors, review and manage any adjudicated contractual claims and monitor long lead items and off-site production by the contractors and suppliers;
- Prepare fortnightly project reports;
- Facilitate and monitor the issuance of Works Completion Lists and the Certificate of Work Completion in the two project sites.
- Cost Management:
- Prepare and submit periodic cost reports during construction and conduct valuations for all submitted claims by the contractor and certify payment claims;
- Track changes to design and/or construction works and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Ensure that project deliverables are met on time, within budget and at the required level of quality;
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Project close out:
- Ensure and review the issuance of the Works Completion Certificates;
- Oversee handover of all operating and maintenance manuals, warranties and guarantees;
- Manage and expedite the procurement of all statutory compliance certificates and documentation;
- Manage the finalization of the Health and Safety File for submission to the client;
- Coordinate and manage the rectification of defects during the Defects Liability Period;
- Manage the preparation of the final account at project completion;
- Coordinate and review the issuance of the Final Completion Defects list and Certificate of Final Completion;
- Prepare and present the Project Closeout Report.
Area of expertise details
- Demonstrated interest and or experience in construction management and supervision.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 27 September 2021