|Public Finance||12 March 2021||Nat. Specialist||UNICEF||Angola|
18 months with possibility of extension
12 March 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Kamia Abambres, the UNV Public Finance will:
• Support the implementation of the Improving synergies between Social Protection and Public Finance Management Project and the key activities to be implemented within the project;
• Assist in synthesizing and analyzing financial data from different stakeholders, supporting in the production of public advocacy documents (budget briefs, technical notes, etc.).
Support planning and following-up the implementation of PFM studies such as financial expenditure reviews in key social sectors (i.e. education sector), amongst other public financial analysis on allocations and trends in public expenditure, allocation, disbursement and execution in social sectors;
• Undertakes field visits to assist in PFM related capacity building activities with municipal and provincial governmental counterparts and other partners.
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree Economics or area related to Public Finance, Governance, Public Sector Reforms or other relevant programmes;
At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in public finance or governance or other relevant programmes; experience with data analysis is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
Finance, accounting and audit, Other finance, economics and administration related experience
Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; • Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Sound security awareness. Have affinity with or interest in UNICEF’s mandate and volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Application deadline: 12th March 2021