|Information Management Officer||06 December 2020||Nat. Specialist||UNDP||China|
12 months with possibility of extension
06 December 2020
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV UNDP Information Management Officer will undertake the following tasks:
Information management; Monitoring and Evaluation
Programme Support and Coordinating
Bachelor degree or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. Economics, Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences or other related fields
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
• Sound security awareness;
• Have affinity with or interest in development and project management, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Monitoring and evaluation, Development programme/project administration, Public information and reporting
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of China and legal residents of China with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 6-12-2020