We are looking for Information and Communications Technologies Analyst, Common Services
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Campus in Bonn is home to over 20 UN organizations, agencies, units and convention secretariats, in their entirety referred to as UN Bonn. The UN organizations in Bonn currently occupy two distinct locations and several buildings. Within the next couple of years more buildings will be added and will significantly increase space and capacities on the main campus.
The Common Services Unit (CSU) at UN Bonn is responsible for the joint management of the premises space, central ICT infrastructures, and central services such as safety and security, mail logistics, system-wide surveys and host country liaison also dedicated conference facilities are provided to the organizations on a common basis. CSU is hosted organizationally and administratively under the framework of the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme while being funded by all UN agencies in Bonn.
Reporting to the Team Leader Common Services Unit, the ICT Analyst manages and co-ordinates the technical issues emerging from CSU engagement in building management (including ICT, security systems and conference facilities management), supports the Team Leader, CSU in the technical planning and coordination of major facility renovation and modernization projects and other special projects, coordinates the CSU ICT system provisions for agencies on the campus, and acts as the focal point on CSU side for the campus extension process.
The ICT Analyst closely engages and collaborates with the team leads of all core CSU service areas and coordinates the facilities/logistics and the conference and ICT team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and coordination of ICT system provision and connectivity
- Plan and coordinate the provision of common ICT and telecommunication services and systems, including the hosting of the joint UN Bonn Network, wired and wireless services, hosting of digital conference network for UN Bonn, digital signage and ICT support for common security infrastructure;
- Maintain passive infrastructure at both UN locations;
- Provide technical support and ICT related inputs to special projects, led by German Government partners, and engage in respective meetings;
- Coordinate ICT and campus conference facility related upgrades and modernization;
- Engage with internal and external ICT service providers and ensure timely and effective management of ICT and voice contracts with third party providers;
- Liaise with respective UN Bonn ICT manager and focal points to ensure UN Bonn coordination and information sharing;
- Assist the Team Leader in the optimization of common ICT services and systems, and develop proposals;
- Manage ICT hardware requirements for CSU staff;
- Provide technical specifications, terms of reference, contracts, and agreements for outsourced building, facility, conference management and ICT services;
- Coordinate and appraise the overall performance of third-party providers to ensure timely delivery of tasks in line with established procedures;
- Participate in other technical coordination meetings and technical inter-agency panels, upon request of the Team Leader.
Support the Team Leader on issues related to UN campus renovation, modernization and extension projects
- Provide technical inputs to specific UN Campus projects led by German Government partners related to individual buildings, IT and technical infrastructure;
- Coordinate, as requested by the team leader, technical inputs from various CSU areas (facilities, conference, IT, security) into campus modernization, renovation, and extension related projects and function as technical focal point for UN campus extension vis-a-vis the German partners and involved UN agencies, including coordination, and provision of technical inputs and engagement in respective meetings;
- Support, as needed, UN Bonn wide technical coordination and information sharing;
- Develop, plan, and coordinate related special projects on CS side, as applicable;
- Prepare internal and external reports and other correspondence.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Information Systems & Technology (General)
Knowledge of IST innovations and concepts and ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations
Service Delivery Coordination
Ability to coordinate and deliver services in line with service level agreements and standards of excellence in UN Bonn
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Ability to engage with other parties and forge productive working relationships
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree in project management, ICT, facility management or equivalent.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master's degree.
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in management and administration of corporate ICT (network) systems.
Experience in facility management is a strong asset.
Experience with multi-stakeholder negotiations is an asset.
Prior experience working within the UN system or a similar multi stakeholder environment is an advantage.
Fluency in English and German
Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and convincingly.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Knowledge about the UN and Administrative Rules and Regulations is an advantage.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
This post is open to nationals of Germany only.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.