Under the direct supervision of the Education Chief, the UN Volunteers will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the education in achieving key results for children in KRC #3 - Equitable and Sustainable Access to Education and KRC #4 – Improving Learning Outcomes by supporting programme management, monitoring and delivery of results in education
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies, and to determine national priorities to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programmes/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual reviews with the government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare and assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths and weaknesses in programme management.
- Identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Actively monitor programmes/projects through field visits and surveys, and exchange information with stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems, and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Prepare regular and mandated programme reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of programme progress.
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and country office partners and donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on education and related issues to support programme management, implementation and delivery of results.
Bachelor degree or master's degree in the field of education, development or an equivalent field is expected
Experience in managing the following funds: Swiss Fund, Education Cannot Wait, Peacebuilding Fund, is an asset.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Education; Development; Reporting; Monitoring and Evaluation.