Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, and in close collaboration with the SPM&E Team and Programme Sections, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Support the digitalization of the COVID-19 Response Monitoring Systems:
- Support the current effort to digitalize and automatize the monitoring systems for the emergency response in Brazil for COVID-19, using as a basis the systems in place for the Venezuelan Migration response.
- Support data collection and data analysis of the Humanitarian Action for Children –(HAC) Indicators.
- Development of data visualizations, such as dashboards and/or interactive con-tent, in emergency response and subnational efforts, such as the UNICEF Seal of Approval – SELO.
Support digitalization of data in UNICEF Brazil including data of main studies, researches and evaluations related to the COVID-19 response and the transition to post-pandemic:
- Support data collection, data analysis and quality assurance for the studies on the im-pacts of Covid-19 in Children and Adolescents, while developing data visualizations for the research products planned for 2021 and 2022;
- Follow national research and databases for the most up-to-date information on the situation of children and adolescents;
- Support data collection, updates, quality control and preparation of briefs for a range of local, regional and international data-related initiatives.
- Support the digitalization and continuous development and implementation of the monitoring data systems currently in use (Data Panorama and others). (we are expecting that the UN Volunteer to suggest different strategies and approaches for the usage and analysis of data)
- Digitization of post-Covid Situation Analysis, to be developed in coordination with all BCO areas and in accordance to the new SiTan guidelines.
- Support BCO piloting of ongoing programme planning simplification and digitalization processes, by developing and managing digital, online collaborative tools to document and synthesize evidence, data and programme response learnings from the response to the COVID pandemic, ensuring these inform programme design for the next 5 years.
Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations, Statistics, Economics, or related areas.
- Ten years of practical professional (preferably with international work experience) in monitoring and evaluation, statistics and data management;
- Experience in international development organizations, a human rights organization, or a national development organization (including public sector organizations);
- Experience in data and information management, including systems such as Excel and statistical and graphics packages (R, SPSS or Stata Knowledge would be an asset);
- Experience in the development of data visualisations (dashboards and/or interactive con-tents);
- Experience working with microdata from population Census and National Household Surveys would be an asset;
- Experience with GIS softwares, such as ArcGIS and QGIs would be an asset.
- Experience with humanitarian and/or emergency systems development and/or integration would be an asset;
- Knowledge of international development and humanitarian issues, particularly those pertinent to UNICEF in Brazil;
- Knowledge of human rights and results-based programming;
- General knowledge of administrative and financial guidelines of international organizations.
- Willingness and commitment to dedicate time to learning Portuguese in the first months of the assignment
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge