Under the overall direction of the Mission’s Chief Medical Officer, the NUNV Medical Nurse will perform the following tasks:
· Attend to the MINUSCA UNOE Level 1 Clinic on a full-time basis and assist the medical officer(s) in the provision of both primary and secondary health care to all Mission personnel.
· Provide necessary primary healthcare care for minor injuries.
· Perform nursing care and generally all activities related to his/her professional capacity.
· Administer vaccinations to UN Mission personnel;
· Respond to emergency calls during and after office hours when necessary.
· Asist the Medical Officer(s) in providing adequate care, including stabilization of emergency cases;
· Ensures adequate requisition, storage and maintenance of accurate records of medical equipment, drugs and other consumables in the UNOE Level 1 Clinic and ambulances at all times.
· Ensure 24/7 serviceability of the UNOE Level 1 Clinic’s ambulances including medical equipment, consumables and pharmaceuticals.
· Conduct medical escorts for sick UN personnel from their accommodations to different medical facilities in Bangui.
· Assists in providing medical support during referrals and medical evacuation exercises when required
· Conduct medical escorts for very sick UN personnel during medical evacuations.
· Perform Infection control measures before and after transporting patients to/from the medical facilities.
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
· Assists in maintaining records of patients' medical data, including consultations and treatment and maintains strict confidentiality with regards to patients’ medical records
· Document services provided to patients by charting in patients’ and section’s records.
· Under the supervision of the Head Nurse/ Chief Medical Officer, the NUNV will be responsible for provision of quality nursing services that will contribute to the good physical and mental health, i.e. general wellbeing, of the MINUSCA personnel.
· Provide Health Education and advise to the Mission personnel in addition to the general group health briefings.
· On-call as required and Cover for absences.
· Perform other health related activities and duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
Bachelor degree or equivalent
National registration and license are required.
Additional qualification in Emergency Medical Care is an advantage.
A minimum of 3-5 years of consistent practical experience as a nurse. Knowledge of life saving procedure is essential. Practical working experience in a cross-cultural environment would be an advantage.
Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team of international and national personnel.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge