Under the overall leadership of the ERCS Partnerships Specialist and under the direct supervision of the Country Coordinator in China, the UN Volunteer Partnerships Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
· Support strengthening and enhancement of UNV partnerships with Chinese stakeholders, including resource mobilization, deployment of FF and partner funded UN Volunteers, thematic and operational support (including to Assignment Preparation Traninings), follow up, etc.;
· Support targeted outreach to attract the right talent for Chinese fully funded assignments and into the UNV global talent pool;
· Support information and awareness raising about the UNV modalities and opportunities to prospective Chinese applicants;
· Assist with translation and proof-reading of relevant partnership UNV materials into English and Chinese;
· Facilitate surveys to gather information from the Chinese fully funded International UN Volunteers on their experience, without duplicating the UNV Annual Volunteer Survey, and its contribution to their professional development as well as reporting;
· Lead the development and implementation of communications and advocacy strategies for partnerships building and expansion, includind dedicated strategy to increase contributions to UNV’s Special Voluntary Fund; Assist in UNV’s learning session and retreat and corporate events;
· Support missions to China of UNV management staff;
· Assist with partnerships mapping, including private sector partners and subsequent Due Diligence preparation;
· Provide logistics in organizing IVD celebration and country-level volunteerism knowledge sharing, advocacy and partnership events;
· Assist engagement with partners for collaboration and promotion of South-South Cooperation and Triangular Cooperation;
· Monitor and review budgets for fully funded UN Volunteer assignments and provide relevant advice to the supervisor;
· Support event-related public awareness campaign and UNV social media platforms on fully funded partnerships;
· Backstop UNV’s Programme Assistant, if necessary;
· Perform any other related duties as requested by the direct supervisor.
- University degree in communications and journalism, social work, international relations, public administration, partnerships or any related field;
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and Chinese.
- Previous experience with the UN system and government agencies is an asset;
- Relevant experience in partnerships building;
- Relevant experience in administrative support, and public outreach
- Experience in public policy and/or youth development is an asset;
- Advanced computer skills.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Chinese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Good communications and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment and be an effective team player
- Proactive, organized and self-motivated
- Innovative, forward-thinking, sound coordination and organizational skills, teamwork.