Under direct supervision of the Director of the assigned Office, the Programme Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Act as the programme/project focal point of the Office:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates programmes/projects;
- Monitors and analyses programme/project development and implementation at all stages, including the analysis of implementation difficulties and initiating remedial action;
- Provides periodic progress reports on the programmes/projects’ implementation, including fund utilisation;
- Review, prepare and provide inputs to relevant documents and reports related to programmes/projects;
- Identifies resource needs and participate in the development of resource mobilization strategy;
- Liaise with relevant offices of the Commission; identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
- Leads and participates in planning accountability missions and provides guidance to consultants, government officials and draft mission summaries and reports;
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, contracts such as Letter of Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, reports &financial statements) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, progress reports).
- Provide substantive/technical support to the Office:
- Researches, analyses, and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies;
- Undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyses and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions;
- Organizes & prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc;
- Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc;
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Provide logistical and other types of support in the running of the meetings/workshops/conferences etc…of the Office.
- Performs other duties as required.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
Establish and maintain relationships with various ECA offices as well as counterparts, senior officers, and technical staff in relevant Secretariat units and in UN funds, programs and other UN specialized agencies; Representatives and officials in national governments, international organizations, consultants.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, public administration, or a related field is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in the specified fields with two additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree. A PhD in relevant field would be an advantage .
15 years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration, or related area, is required. Experience in Programmes/projects design, management and reporting using results framework is desirable.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge