Under the direct supervision of the Regional Programme Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- With organizations of persons with disabilities (OPDs) and technical specialists from across the region, conduct regional and country specific webinar’s and virtual trainings on UNFPA SRHR/GBV/Disability Guidelines, UPR, CRPD and UNDIS for UNFPA and our implementing partners, with specific focus on SRHR, GBV and population dynamics (including population ageing).
- Conduct desk reviews of disability resources, research and mapping of partners for UNFPA country offices in Asia and the Pacific and develop a knowledge repository on disability inclusion and programming related to SRHR, GBV and population dynamics.
- With partners, coordinate regional and national consultations with OPDs to collect good practices and evidence on collecting and utilizing disability statistics.
- Support UNFPA and our partners to pilot online training of the Disability Advocacy Toolkit with OPDs, national statistical offices, donors and civil society partners.
Enhancing Civil Society Engagement
- Review UNFPA’s OPD engagement approach and support regional OPD consultations
- Foster networking with OPDs, UNFPA regional and country offices and implementing partners to increase the quality and meaningful engagement of OPDs and PwDs in ICPD programming and advocacy efforts.
- Support to OPDs in preparation and engagement in the 7th APPC and other intergovernmental processes.
UNFPA Implementation of UNDIS and PSEA
- With M&E specialists, develop and implement a UNDIS indicator guideline toolkit for UNFPA Asia and the Pacific to increase UNFPA reporting and data quality. This toolkit will provide guidance on how to include and collect UNDIS indicators in routine reporting systems and for annual reporting purposes.
- Support advocacy efforts to ensure UNFPA implements disability audits as per UNDIS requirements.
- Support UNFPA country offices to draft TORs and broker accessibility audits (physical and ICT infrastructure) at national level and to support the development of action plans to implement the accessibility audit findings.
- Support advocacy and training efforts to ensure UNFPA implementation of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policies and procedures are disability-inclusive.
- Provide inputs into the development of regional and country-level proposals aimed at ensuring disability inclusion and programming.
- With partners, provide recommendations to UNFPA Asia and the Pacific on disability inclusion in humanitarian responses.
- Contribute to and support coordination of the Asia and the Pacific Regional Working Group on Disability.
Bachelor’s Degree in humanities, health sciences or a related field including human rights, gender studies, public health, demography or other related field.
UNFPA is seeking a UN Volunteer that embodies our ethics and values, including gender equality, upholding sexual and reproductive rights and the promotion of human rights.
Experience working with OPDs and public sector partners is required.
Demonstrated experience in advocacy, public speaking and working with diverse communities is required.
Experience working with organizations working in sexual reproductive health and rights and gender based violence an asset.
Experience in Asia and the Pacific region preferred.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent