Do you and your team need extra capacity? You can request support through the Online Volunteering service of the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme. This provides you with flexible and speedy Online Volunteer capacity, allowing you to connect with thousands of volunteers from around the world who are ready to contribute to your development efforts. Requesting and engaging Online Volunteers is facilitated through the AI-powered and cloud-based Unified Volunteering Platform (UVP).
- Why engage Online Volunteers?
Through UNV’s Online Volunteering service, you can access a diverse pool of motivated candidates with specialized backgrounds and skills.
You can work with volunteers on all kinds of tasks, ranging from data analysis and mapping, teaching and training, mental health and psychosocial support, event and language services, emergency and crisis response, to policy design and electoral support.
- You can benefit from straightforward and flexible processes to get high-quality support from around the world within hours.
- How can I request Online Volunteers?
- Requesting Online Volunteers is easy and fast.
- The intuitive Unified Volunteering Platform provides you with tools to engage and manage volunteers and assignments.
- The Online Volunteering service is free of charge to all eligible organizations.
- Who is eligible to engage Online Volunteers?
- United Nations entities;
- Government or government-affiliated public institutions; and
- Non-governmental and civil society organizations. These must either already be registered with UNV’s Online Volunteering service; provide evidence of accreditation with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC); or be working with UN country teams as an implementing partner or through an agreement and provide evidence that a UN entity has undertaken due diligence (download form for confirmation through UN entity).
NB: Evidence of eligibility must be provided during the registration on the Unified Volunteering Platform (UVP).
- How do I request the support of Online Volunteers?
- Register your organization/host entity, or access your account, on the UVP platform under app.unv.org (how to register a UN host entity account | non-UN host entity account).
- Proceed to create short-term and task-based online Descriptions of Assignments and submit them to UNV.
- Review longlisted applications and select Online Volunteers that suit your needs.
- You are now all set to start collaborating, guide your Online Volunteers and obtain results.
- Upon conclusion of the assignment, don't forget to provide feedback to your Online Volunteers in the UVP platform.
- Online Volunteering criteria and service rules
- Online Volunteers are not under any contract with the UNV programme or the engaging organization and are not affiliated with them.
- They do not receive a volunteer living allowance or any other form of financial compensation or benefits.
- For each online Description of Assignment, a maximum of 25 tasks can be listed. Each task is to be performed by an Online Volunteer with a pre-defined deliverable.
- Online Volunteers can be engaged for up to 20 hours per week and for a maximum of 12 weeks.
- To conclude collaboration, organizations must provide feedback on the services received, acknowledge the contributions of the respective Online Volunteer, and ensure issuance of a certificate of appreciation.