Would you like to contribute to your own country and work with others like yourself who have a desire to accelerate your nation’s development and promote peace? As a national UN Volunteer serving with a United Nations agency you will make a positive impact on your homeland while working alongside people from around the world, including international volunteers and other United Nations professionals.
- National UN Volunteers are invaluable assets to the work of the United Nations, particularly at the community level where they usher in greater ownership of programmes and projects.
- Join us now and help your country move faster toward reaching the new Sustainable Development Goals.
- As a national UN Volunteer, you will make a positive impact on your homeland while working with people from around the world, including international volunteers and United Nations staff.
- Serving with a UN entity, you can share your knowledge of local languages and culture and bring an insider’s understanding of social and economic conditions.
- There is no typical profile for a national UN Volunteer. Each national UN Volunteer assignment is unique, and each has its own specific requirements.
- National UN Volunteers are entrusted with a wide variety of roles and their duty stations range from capital cities to small villages.
- The minimum age for a national UN Volunteer is 22 and there is no upper age limit. A minimal level of higher education and professional competency is necessary.
- becoming a national UN Volunteer is also possible for non-nationals residing legally in the host country with status of refugees or stateless persons (if allowed under national laws).
- National UN Volunteers receive a volunteer living allowance to sustain a basic, adequate and safe lifestyle. This allowance varies from one location to another depending on local living costs.
- However, all national UN Volunteers in the same location receive the same allowance, regardless of age, qualifications and experience.
- A one-time settling-in-grant helps the volunteer meet initial expenses upon arrival at their duty station.
- Travel and shipment allowances are paid on a case by case basis, depending on the location of the duty station.
We regularly publish selected volunteer opportunities. You must first create your profile in the UNV Global Talent Pool to apply. Some assignments are not published because they are filled by candidates whose profiles are matched directly from our Global Talent Pool. Some sponsored assignments may have additional eligibility criteria, which you will find in the PDF file linked to the special call.