Under a new partnership with the Government of the Russian Federation, UNV is offering 19 UN Volunteer assignments in different areas of expertise for Russian nationals.
Assignments are available for 2018-2019 in 16 different countries across the Commonwealth of Independent States, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The UN Volunteers from Russia, selected on a highly competitive basis, will be deployed for one year to the UN programmes and projects in various countries to contribute to peace, sustainable development and prosperity, as well as to gain unique professional experience for their future careers in the UN and other international and national organizations.
Depending on the experience and age of applicants, UNV assignments are available as international UN Youth Volunteers and international UN Volunteers.
Through a one-year UN Volunteer placement in one of the 16 countries, Russian citizens will have the opportunity to act as agents of change in a variety of professional fields, and contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals through volunteerism.
Eligibility criteria for UN Youth Volunteers:
- Must be aged between 18 and 29
- Must have completed secondary education
- Must have demonstrated commitment to peace and development through academic, extra-curricular and volunteer activities
- Must have working knowledge of English
- Youth with disabilities and youth from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
Eligibility criteria for International UN Volunteers:
- Must be 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
- Must have university degree or higher technical diploma
- Must have at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- Must have good working knowledge of at least one of the three working languages of UNV: English, French or Spanish
- Strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- Respect for diversity and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
- The ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset
Below is a list of fully-funded assignments available for Russian citizens. Applications are accepted until 25 July 2018. For further information, please contact the UNV Focal Point in the Russian Federation, Ms Ilona Filimonova: Ilona.firstname.lastname@example.org.
UN Youth Volunteer assignments
UN Youth Volunteer in Partnership and Resource Mobilization in Ethiopia
UN Youth Volunteer in Extractives Management in Uganda
UN Youth Volunteer in Urban Resilience and Green Growth in Zimbabwe
UN Youth Volunteer in Information and Communication in Senegal
UN Youth Volunteer in Communications and Partnerships in Lao
UN Youth Volunteer in Gender Advocacy and Coordination in Myanmar
UN Youth Volunteer in Communications and Partnerships in Fiji
UN Youth Volunteer in Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management in Fiji
UN Youth Volunteer in Sexual and Reproductive Health in Vietnam
UN Youth Volunteer in SDG Implementation and Development Dialogues Organization in Kyrgyzstan
UN Youth Volunteer in Youth Programming in Armenia
UN Youth Volunteer in SDG Communications in Uzbekistan
UN Youth Volunteer on Programme Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation in Uzbekistan
UN Youth Volunteer in Climate Change in Jordan
UN Youth Volunteer in Reporting and Project Development in the State of Palestine
International UN Volunteer assignments:
UN Volunteer Social Cohesion and Peacebuilding Analyst in Cambodia
UN Volunteer Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway ICT Capacity Building Specialist in Thailand
UN Volunteer Programme Officer in Moldova
UN Volunteer Sustainable Energy Specialist in Jordan
How to apply for UN Volunteer assignments?
- Create an account the UNV Global Talent Pool;
- Complete all sections of your profile and confirm the registration. Then click on the "My Page" link and click "Special Calls";
- Choose one of the 19 assignments for Russian citizens that matches your skills and knowledge, and apply through your profile by 25 July 2018;
- Regularly check your email – UNV will contact selected candidates by email;
- Selected candidates will receive an invitation to a Skype interview and if successful, will receive an offer of a UN Volunteer assignment.