The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme, with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, is offering Russian nationals a unique opportunity to gain international experience and help the UN address the challenges of peace and sustainable development around the world.
Under a new partnership with the Government of the Russian Federation, UNV is offering UN Volunteer assignments in different areas of expertise for Russian nationals.
Assignments are available for 2021-2022 in nine different countries across Africa, Asia, the Commonwealth of Independent States, Europe and Latin America. The UN Volunteers from Russia, selected on a highly competitive basis, will be deployed for one year to UN programmes and projects in various countries to contribute to peace, sustainable development and prosperity, as well as to gain unique professional experience for their future careers in the UN and other international and national organizations.
Depending on the experience and age of applicants, UNV assignments are available as international UN Youth Volunteers and UN Volunteers.
Through a one-year UN Volunteer placement in one of the 9 countries, Russian citizens will have the opportunity to act as agents of change in a variety of professional fields and contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals through volunteerism.
Eligibility criteria for international UN Youth Volunteers:
- Must be aged between 18 and 29 years old
- Must have completed secondary education
- Must have demonstrated commitment to peace and development through academic, extra-curricular and volunteer activities
- Must have working knowledge of English
- Youth with disabilities and youth from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply
Eligibility criteria for international UN Volunteers:
- Must be 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
- Must have university degree or higher technical diploma
- Must have at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- Must have good working knowledge of at least one of the three working languages of UNV: English, French or Spanish
- Strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- Respect for diversity and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
- The ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset
Below is a list of fully-funded assignments available for Russian citizens. For further information, please contact the UNV Focal Point in the Russian Federation, Ms Alena Nazarova: email@example.com.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES - APPLY NOW!
UN Volunteer assignments
Data and Knowledge Management Analyst with the UN Resident Coordinator's Office in Jordan
How to apply for UN Volunteer assignments?
- Create an account in the UNV Global Talent Pool;
- Complete all sections of your profile and confirm the registration. Then click on the "My Page" link and click "Special Calls";
- Choose one of the assignments for Russian citizens that matches your skills and knowledge, and apply through your profile;
- Regularly check your email – UNV will contact selected candidates by email;
- Selected candidates will receive an invitation to a Skype interview and if successful, will receive an offer of a UN Volunteer assignment.