UNDP EB Decisions (DP/2019/25)
United Nations Volunteers: report of the Administrator
The Executive Board
- Acknowledges General Assembly resolution 73/140 of 17 December 2018 on volunteering for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, in which the Assembly welcomed the integration of volunteerism into all relevant issues considered at the United Nations, in particular the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and requested actions by the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) to further this agenda;
- Takes note of the results-oriented annual report of the Administrator (DP/2019/19) and its annexes;
- Expresses appreciation to all UN Volunteers for their outstanding contributions to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development during 2018;
- Commends UNV for the results achieved during the first year of its Strategic Framework, 2018-2021 (DP/2018/6);
- Welcomes the publication by UNV of the report entitled 2018 State of the World’s Volunteerism Report: The Thread that Binds – Volunteerism and Community Resilience, which presents new evidence on the roles of volunteerism in strengthening community resilience, voice and inclusion in the 2030 Agenda;
- Notes the importance of regular resources provided by UNDP for ensuring the continued delivery of the UNV Strategic Framework;
- Reaffirms the crucial role of the Special Voluntary Fund to the delivery of the UNV Strategic Framework 2018-2021, and calls upon all development partners in a position to do so to contribute to the Fund;
- Requests that UNV build on the progress made in pursuing innovative volunteer solutions to improve its response to the challenges of implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
7 June 2019
Decisions of the Executive Board are documented and can be accessed in English, French and Spanish on the secretariat website.